Persecution Unveiled Cause

Persecution Unveiled Cause
Click on the Picture to visit our Facebook site

Click on the Picture to visit our Facebook site

Persecution Unveiled has established this cause to educate people about the persecution of Christians and religious minorities in the US & worldwide. Mission Raising awareness to the growing tide of bigotry and hatred toward Christians around the world has become a burden on those trying to wake up those who cherish religious freedom as a God given right. Persecution Unveiled has been called by God to prick the consciences of this nation and all free people to speak up and act on behalf of those who have no voice. Email
persecutionunveiled@gmail.com

Saturday, February 1, 2020

Radical Hindus Storm House Church, Beat Pastor, Force Him to Sit Before False Gods

India is ranked 10th on Open Doors’ 2020 World Watch List of the countries where it is most difficult to be a Christian.



Hindu radicals set up a statue of one of their gods next
to a pastor's home after forcing him and his church to
leave in this undated photo.
 | Gospel for Asia

By Leah MarieAnn Klett
Christian Post


Hundreds of radical Hindu nationalists attacked a house church in India’s Haryana state and kidnapped the pastor, forcing him to sit before idols before leaving him badly injured.

Morning Star News reports that earlier this month, a mob of some 250 to 300 radicals surrounded a small house church led by Pastor Jai Singh in Bichpari village, located about an hour north of Delhi, in India’s Haryana state. About 30 assailants broke into the church and attacked Pastor Singh and the other Christians gathered for worship.

“They pushed me to the floor and I could not understand who was kicking me, who was slapping or beating on my back,” Singh told the outlet. “As a huge crowd surrounded me, I could only see their hands and shoes kicking me. They picked me up from the floor and took me inside [the] home and told me that I should go with them, if not they would kill me there on the spot.”

The assailants took Singh to a school where he was forced to sit before idols and was further beaten with wooden sticks. Later that day, he was taken to the Gohana police station where he was “severely bruised and howling in pain.”

Police took him to the hospital, but when he returned to the station he had been falsely accused of forcefully converting Hindus to Christianity. The next day, on Jan. 6, Singh was presented before a judge and sent to judicial custody.

“Unknown persons in plainclothes were driving me to the court and then to the jail,” he recalled. “At first I suspected that they must not be a police officer as the persons were not in uniform. The journey from court to jail was torturous, as this person in plainclothes abused in vulgar Haryanvi language. He abused my family members, including my wife and children. I kept quiet and said in my heart, ‘Oh Lord, if it is in Your will, then let it be, but give me strength to endure this. I am weak. I need you.’”


Thanks to the intervention of the Alliance Defending Freedom-India, Singh was released on bail on Jan. 7.

According to ADF-India, more than 300 cases of mob violence against India’s Christian community were documented in 2019, yet police prosecuted the perpetrators in only 40 cases. The group claims police often work in tandem with Hindu extremists to harass and persecute religious minorities.


Christian Post article continues here

Persecution Unveiled has been called to prick the consciences of our nation and all free people to pray for, speak up and act on behalf of those who are persecuted for their faith. Follow us on Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive