Persecution Unveiled Cause

Persecution Unveiled Cause
Click on the Picture to visit our Facebook site

Click on the Picture to visit our Facebook site

Persecution Unveiled has established this cause to educate people about the persecution of Christians and religious minorities in the US & worldwide. Mission Raising awareness to the growing tide of bigotry and hatred toward Christians around the world has become a burden on those trying to wake up those who cherish religious freedom as a God given right. Persecution Unveiled has been called by God to prick the consciences of this nation and all free people to speak up and act on behalf of those who have no voice. Email
persecutionunveiled@gmail.com

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Iran Frees Pastor Saeed Abedini after Three Years in Prison

Saeed Abedini


By Jeremy Weber

Saeed Abedini has finally been freed.

The Iranian-American pastor from Idaho, held for more than three years, wasexchanged as part of a prisoner swap in which Iran released four people and the United States released seven.

"It is confirmed," his wife Naghmehannounced on Twitter. "Saeed is released from Iranian prison."
“This has been an answer to prayer,” she said in a press release from the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ), one of Abedini's leading advocates. “This is a critical time for me and my family. We look forward to Saeed's return and want to thank the millions of people who have stood with us in prayer during this most difficult time.”

More than 1.1 million people had joined ACLJ's "Save Saeed" campaign. President Obama personally told Naghmeh last year that freeing her husband was "a top priority." This past October, shewrote to the president in The Washington Postthat it was "past time" to bring him (and the other hostages) home. "Thankfully I do not put my trust in governments or the rulers of nations," she wrote. "Instead I put my trust in God."

Supporters flocked to Naghmeh's Facebook post confirming the good news, which she received after nearly two weeks of Daniel-inspired prayer and fasting for his release.

“I don’t know what I was expecting, but I felt the Lord saying, ‘Let it go—don’t touch the situation with Saeed, and I will take care of it,’” said Naghmeh in an interview with Morning Star News. “So I let go. I stopped my travels. I stopped speaking. Interestingly enough, it happened when I let it go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive