Persecution Unveiled Cause

Persecution Unveiled Cause
Click on the Picture to visit our Facebook site

Click on the Picture to visit our Facebook site

Persecution Unveiled has established this cause to educate people about the persecution of Christians and religious minorities in the US & worldwide. Mission Raising awareness to the growing tide of bigotry and hatred toward Christians around the world has become a burden on those trying to wake up those who cherish religious freedom as a God given right. Persecution Unveiled has been called by God to prick the consciences of this nation and all free people to speak up and act on behalf of those who have no voice. Email
persecutionunveiled@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Pastor Accused of Being an “Anti-Muslim Bigot” for Church Sign Saying “Koran is Just Another Book"

Sign outside Oregon Baptist church (Screenshot/KATU)

Sign outside Oregon Baptist Church
By Pamela Geller


The pastor of an Oregon Baptist church is under fire locally for putting what critics call a bigoted message on his church’s sign board, KATU reports.

Pastor Michael Harrington placed the words on the reader board outside Belmont Drive Missionary Baptist Church. On one side it reads, “Wake up Christians, Allah is not our God, Muhammad not greater than Jesus.” On the other side, it says, “Only the Bible is God’s word, ‘holy book,’ Koran is just another book.”

“I’m not politically correct. I’ve never been politically correct, but I think I’m biblically correct, and that’s what matters to me,” Harrington told KATU. “It isn’t against any particular denomination. It’s just the fact that I have taught and will continue to teach that I have one God, one way of salvation and one Bible that’s holy.”

But locals, including the mayor, don’t want to see the signs.

“I was really annoyed and sad,” Hood River mayor, Paul Blackburn, told KATU. “I am annoyed that in this political season there’s a solid case of ugly going on. I think it norms up this kind of behavior like ‘oh it’s okay to be a bigot now.’”

Another resident, Eric Cohn, said he was very upset.

“I literally had to stop and back up and make sure I saw what I saw, and I was profoundly offended and upset by it,” Cohn told KATU….

www.rawstory.com further reported: Harrington told the station he has no plans to remove the sign until the beginning of June, when he was planning to put a new one up anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive