Persecution Unveiled Cause

Persecution Unveiled Cause
Click on the Picture to visit our Facebook site

Click on the Picture to visit our Facebook site

Persecution Unveiled has established this cause to educate people about the persecution of Christians and religious minorities in the US & worldwide. Mission Raising awareness to the growing tide of bigotry and hatred toward Christians around the world has become a burden on those trying to wake up those who cherish religious freedom as a God given right. Persecution Unveiled has been called by God to prick the consciences of this nation and all free people to speak up and act on behalf of those who have no voice. Email
persecutionunveiled@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

'God Works All Things Together For Good': Nigerian Pastor Whose Church Was Burned Down By Boko Haram

Nigerian Pastor Aminu Sule. Nigeria is ranked
12th on a new list of countries where Christians
face the most persecution.
Ruth Gledhill
By Carey Lodge
Christian Today


Five years ago in November 2011, Rev Aminu Sule was in his village in Dematuru, Yobe State, in Northern Nigeria when Islamist militants from Boko Haram attacked the community.

Churches were burned down and some 200 people killed. Militants continued through the night – going from house to house, killing every Christian they found. Most fled, but Sule – whose evangelical church was bombed and completely destroyed during the attack – stayed behind with his family.

"Many of us fled, but for me as a pastor – I could not run away and leave the few that stayed," he told Christian Today.
"Many people left Dematuru because of the levels of persecution, but I said no – I cannot leave my church. I am supposed to be the last person to close the church, if it is necessary. I cannot leave my church because I am the pastor. In the Bible, it says 'The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.' If I run away and leave my congregation, what will I say to them? How could I preach dependence on God?
"I said for me, 'To live is Christ and to die is gain.' If I die, it will be for the sake of the church."
Just three Christian families stayed behind in Sule's village, and his own children were traumatized by the attack – two of his sons didn't eat for a fortnight.
"The bombing and the shooting was just like rain – it didn't stop. That scared them the most," he said. "But I encouraged them, even though they are children, to know that God is in control of all situations."

A church destroyed by Boko Haram in Yobe state. Open Doors
Nigeria is ranked 12th on the World Watch List of countries where Christians face the most persecution, released today by charity Open Doors.

Much of the violence is perpetuated by Boko Haram; an Islamist militant group whose name means 'Western education is sinful'. Since uprising in 2009, it has targeted more than 900 schools, deliberately killing at least 611 teachers and forcing another 1,900 to flee. In total, 20,000 people have been killed over the past eight years as a result of the insurgency.


Persecution Unveiled has been called by God to prick the consciences of this nation and all free people to speak up and act on behalf of those who have no voice.  Follow us on  Pinterest, and Google; like us on Facebook, and visit our website using this link.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive